Last Day of National Poetry Month

Day 25 - Weather poem inspired by another poem (I chose Shel Silverstein's Sick.

"I cannot go and hang with you."
Said my sweet boy whose name is Drew.
"I have a cough, sore throat and a rash,
my head hurts, I just want to crash.
My tummy hurts, my toe might be broke,
the way I feel is not a joke.
See the thing right next to my eye?
I think I'm coming down with a stye.
My fingers are numb,
I must sit on my bum.
What's that you say?
Free golf today?
All of a sudden I'm feeling better.
It must because of the wonderful weather."

Day 26 - Monorhyme Poem

Club Wrestling for kids
These tiny little wrestlers are cute.
It's hard not to sit here and root.
I write my poems and try to stay mute.
Until one of them lets a big toot.
And the big guy that thinks he's a brute.
Goes after the kid in hot pursuit.
Until his pants fall, his poor sweat suit.
The entire display is such a hoot.

Day 27 - Rictameter

Effort
Work is struggle
What reward do you want?
Put in the work to match the desire.
Reap the satisfaction of a job well done.
Laziness is a detriment.
Don't get too distracted.
It is worth it.
Effort.

Day 28 - Pensee Poetry (I have two)

Sixteen
Grown up yet not.
Driving everyone crazy.
Circle K makes everything fine.
They say this too shall pass.

Eighteen
Mature but young.
Preparing for the future
Waits by the mailbox for the call.
It's hard to say goodbye.

Day 29 - Pyramid Poem

Cookies.
Moist Cookies.
Moist Cookies Wait.
Moist Cookies Wait Patiently.
Moist Cookies Wait Patiently in the cupboard.

Day 30 - Credo Poem (This might have been my favorite one to try)

I believe in teenagers.
     The ones who are poor,
     The ones with no parental support.
     The ones who pretend like they don't care what I say.
     The rich, lonely, popular and the beautiful.

But I don't think they always get a fair shake.

I believe in positive encouragement.
I believe in second chances.
I believe in pats on the back, polar pop love, listening well and the good that can come from social media.

And I believe in their power to do something good in this world, make something of and for themselves while I sit back and remind them, "I always believed in you."


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Merry Christmas 2023

Saying Goodbye to my Little Boy

Merry Christmas 2022