National Poetry Month...AGAIN!!!

I love April. I love it for its weather, track season and end of school activities but most of all I love it for poetry month. I always look forward to my friend Stephanie as she challenges us with a new type of poetry every day. You can find her blog and links to her poetry challenges by clicking here. You won't be disappointed.

But, as this month always seems to do, I get busy and run out of time to write something every day on social media. I carry around my notebook and jot down my lines as they come to me. This month I traveled with my oldest daughter and had no access to the computer to share my poems so I'll share a bunch of them here for all five of you who read me. Explanations can be found back on Stephanie's blog on how to create your own poetry.

Day 12 - A poem about your favorite book (Mrs .Mike by Benedict and Nancy Freeman)

Katherine Mike, a woman of strength
Moved to a land unfamiliar.
Found purpose, overcame danger and enjoyed true love
In the wilderness of Canada
As a young woman
early in the 20th century.

I like to think I'm like her,
My wilderness unknown.
Intentionally parenting  in a dangerous world with my true love.
In the desert of Arizona
a young woman in an older body
early in the 21st century.

Day 14 All About Me poem (and one about Marly since we were driving together when I was working on this)

Stacy 
Dedicated, energetic, passionate, intuitive 
Sibling of Allison, Melissa, Donny, Candice and Brittany. 
Lover of Ben and Diet Pepsi 
Who fears losing control. 
Who needs Time to write 
Who gives as much as she can. 
Who would like to see the castles of Spain. 
Resident of San Tan Valley 
Johnson


Marly 
Devoted, go-getter, stubborn, independent 
Sibling of Vance, Drew, Skylar, Katy, Tawny, Anny and Derek 
Lover of cheerleading and coaching 
Who fears drowning. 
Who needs good music 
Who gives sound advice 
Who would like to see her dreams come true. 
Resident of Mesa 
Johnson


Day 15 Grammar Poem (My FAVORITE so there are several)

The Yukon
Brown and Reliable
Transports us comfortably
Like a Kangaroo carries its babies
If only it got better gas mileage.

Wedding Ring
Brilliant and sentimental
Symbolizing reverently
As a quiet reminder of promises made
If only everyone treated it as such.

Running Shoes
Grey and yellow
Waiting patiently
like a snake waits for its meal
If only I wore them more often.

Marly
Confident and able
Shining quietly
Like a lioness leads a pride
If only she knew her potential.

Conference
Reverent and uplifting
enriching us spiritually
Like a horse being led to water
If only more would choose to drink.


Choir
Powerful and reverent.
Inviting the spirit vocally.
Like the crash of a giant wave
If only you knew how to swim.

Day 16 Spring Senses Poetry (not gonna lie, not my favorite)

Looks like a fresh cut field of grass
Sounds like the bang of a starting gun.
Feels like warm sun on the skin.
Smells like sweaty uniforms.
Tastes like a cool glass of water.

Day 17 - Book Spine poems (So Much Fun!!)


What Love is
Any Given Day.
A Walk in the Woods,
A Thorny Path,
Running Into the Wind.
Confessions of a Slacker Mom
On Wings of Faith.
Freefall,
Stolen Identity,
Always Looking Up,
No Apology.
Finding Paradise
Following Christ.
Wake up to a Happier Life.






Hop on Pop,
Are you my Mother?
A Time for Everything,
Falling Up,
Great Expectations,
Elephant Games,
A Flea in the Ear,
Bear Wants More.
The Greatest Adventures of All Time
Giggle, Giggle, Quack.
My Dad is Awesome,
My Mom is Excellent.
Believe it Or Not!






Day 18 - I remember or Memory poems

I remember...

The anticipation of that first kiss under the dim light of Smitty's parking lot after we got off of work when you pulled me toward you as you leaned against your old yellow Mazda car.

The love I knew I had as I sat parked in my red pickup truck in your parents driveway when you told me you loved me for the very first time.

The satisfaction of knowing I would be your wife for eternity as we knelt across the altar in that sacred building in St. George all dressed in white.

Day 19 Cinquain

Marriage
Sacredly One
Working hard everyday
Making sure the other feels loved.
Partner



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Merry Christmas 2023

Saying Goodbye to my Little Boy

Merry Christmas 2022