National Poetry Month

My friend Stephanie at www.stephaniesaysso.blogspot.com is my favorite poet:) She describes a new poem each day during the month of April so we can all celebrate National Poetry Month together. Being a mother, a teacher and a coach leaves me very little time to write so I look forward to this month when I can whip out a poem or two in a few minutes in my "free time." Here are a few I've written in the last month.

Pensee Food Poem

Sushi
Kinda Slimy
Chopsticks make it authentic
comfort food to end my long day.
Easy dinner, not cheap.

Grammar Poem

Students
Intent and hard working,
typing on their keyboards feverishly
like their lives depended on it.
If only they really understood that it does.

Synonym Poem

TIRED
Fatigued, empty, faint, drained, spent
I wonder when I will again begin feeling content?

Credo Poem

I believe in the importance of working hard,
the courage it takes to pick yourself up,
the skill it takes to move forward,
the honesty it takes to know when enough is enough,
the hope it gives when someone understands, someone relates, someone listens, someone cares.

But, I'm not sure a person ever feels good about asking for help.

I believe in facing adversity head on,
I believe in understanding that I can't be everything to everyone,
I believe in hugs, faith, self-care and even medication.

And I believe in my Savior, who will heal all my wounds through the power of his atoning sacrifice.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Merry Christmas 2023

Saying Goodbye to my Little Boy

Merry Christmas 2022