I Love Being a Woman

I feel eternally grateful to have been born a woman. I feel like my opinion is unpopular at times, but spending time this weekend learning more about the journey of Joseph Smith and the restoration of the gospel of Jesus Christ has caused me to reflect on how much value I have as a woman, especially a woman in the LDS church. 

During our trek this week, we watched several re-enactments or vignettes portraying major events that took place after Joseph Smith prayed to know what church he should join. It was touching and thought-provoking as we considered ourselves witnesses to these events and were given questions to think about and ponder on our own. 

My favorite vignette was actually a video about Emma Smith, Joseph's wife, and the struggles and trials she endured as she supported her husband and her faith in the Lord. I sobbed as I thought about how much she must have felt when her parents didn't support her marriage and as she lost babies to sickness and disease. How terrifying it must have been to watch her husband tarred and feathered, ridiculed and mocked and eventually killed for his belief. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Merry Christmas 2023

Saying Goodbye to my Little Boy

Merry Christmas 2022