Three Months Post Op; The Headache Saga

It's been three months since my nose surgery to alleviate the headaches. I'm down to one per day still, sometimes two. I notice that dehydration, lack of sleep, and dryness (in my nose) are headache triggers. I now sleep with a humidifier and carry around a saline mist bottle that I attempt to use discreetly. If you ever see me without my water bottle, ask me where it is. My goal is to get 100oz per day but I'm allowing myself one 44oz diet Pepsi per day too for my sanity.

The ENT is still confident these headaches are nasal related. Our next working theory is allergies. I've been to the allergist to be tested. I'm moderately allergic to everything in our AZ air so that's super helpful or not. I've been on a prescription nasal spray for about a month now. That doesn't seem to help as much as we hoped, so tomorrow I will start adding another prescription spray and pray for the best. 

I'll also start the food journal again soon. The allergy testing did not include foods because guess what? Insurance doesn't cover that. I've struggled with finding anything that seemed to trigger a reaction in the past so I may have to get very specific about eliminating things for several weeks before I see any results. With summer here, and all our traveling, I didn't want to add any more stress.

Thank you to those who have asked about them. I appreciate it. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Merry Christmas 2023

Saying Goodbye to my Little Boy

Merry Christmas 2022