I know I just blogged recently about setting goals, but since I found this contest and wanted to enter, I figure I'll share some of my bucket list items with you. I have tons, but here are my top 15:
1. Graduate College. I know, I've already talked about this one, but I can't wait to cross it off my list! 7 weeks and counting...
2. Serve a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I have the potential to send off 7 more missionaries before I can go, but I will do it. It will be awesome to serve with Ben.
3. Hike the Grand Canyon. We keep planning a summer trip, but babies, missionaries, time constraints and money have kept us from our goal. I want to do it soon so that I can helicopter my dad and mom in to stay with us then helicopter them out.
4. Learn to play the harp. I really want to take lessons, but buying the harp is the expensive part. Guitar is my second choice and I might try to pick that one up in the near future.
5. Learn to speak a foreign language. I'm doing well in my spanish class, but I need to practice so much more.
6. Visit England and do some family history research. I would love to visit the cemetaries, churches, and towns where my ancestors lived.
7. Tour a castle in Spain. I have wanted to go to Spain ever since my cousin served his mission there. He would send me pictures and write letters about the beautiful country and it has been my dream since then to go visit.
8. Run a marathon. My ankle isn't going to last forever, but before I have it replaced, I really want to run 26.2 miles. Crazy, I know.
9. See all 8 of my children graduate from college with at least a two year scholarship.
10. Write a book. I have several that are in my head, just waiting to be put into my computer.
11. I want to own a Bed and Breakfast with Ben. It will be the Triple B (or something like that). We will have 8 rooms and it will be in the mountains near Sunrise Ski Resort. It will have a large football field and adjoining fields so we can host sports camps and girls' camps throughout the summer. I want a big lodge with a stage and large kitchen to put on skits and talent shows for when my kids come back for family reunions.
12. Be debt free. Enough said.
13. Earn my Young Women Recognition as an adult. I did it when I was a young girl, but the program is so much different now...better. I'm getting there one goal at a time.
14. I want to own a sports car with leather seats.
15. I want to write a song for my children and record it. I want to be able to tell them how much I love being a mom and how they fill my life with joy and I want them to hear me sing it to them even after I am gone. My grandchildren will know how much I loved their parents.
This is my entry in the Just Ask Bucket List Getaway Giveaway. Just Ask offers a breast and ovarian cancer screening and is encouraging people to share 15 thingsthat I want to enjoy in my lifetime as a reminder to be aware of my health. Want to enter? Head over to TodaysMama.com to get the details.
So, what is on your bucket list?