20 years on the Path to Eternity

August 13th, marks the 20th anniversary of my wedding to my husband, I had no idea back then that I would be this happy.  Don't get me wrong, we've had our struggles, but we have also had times of peace; we've had times of sorrow and times of joy.  Sometimes we had more than enough money to fill our needs and lots of times we have struggled paycheck to paycheck. Through it all, there is nobody else I would have wanted by my side.  

If you are not familiar with our church, we believe that through the sealing power of the priesthood, our marriage will be eternal and our family will be together forever.  That means even after our earth life is over, we will remain husband and wife and our children will be with us.  These promises are based on choices we make while we are on our earthly journey.  

As parents, we have a sacred obligation to teach our children  how to make good choices and follow God's plan for us.  Ben and I  have been blessed with eight of the most beautiful children I could ever have asked for.  It has been a joy to watch them grow and learn.  

We do our best to have daily scripture study and family prayer and we try to hold Family Home Evening each week.  We work together, we play together, we laugh together, we cry together.  I know it is by doing all these things that our family stays connected and our relationships strong.

 The bottom line is we love each other.

The amazing thing is that it all started at Smitty's grocery store in the fall of 1988.  Many 15 minute breaks together with 1/2 price donuts and diet pepsi would lead to me asking this really cute carryout at work if he wanted to go to the Christmas dance with me at my school.  I couldn't imagine the way things would come together so perfectly so that he could take me to the temple almost three years later where we would be sealed for all eternity.

Sometimes being a wife and mother is really hard and my days seem to drag on endlessly, but most of the time I feel like I'm flying through my life at the speed of sound.  Every once in a while I just wish I could freeze frame these moments that make me so happy that I made the right choice all those years ago.  I have never sacrificed so much and been so happy to do it.  I couldn't have asked for a better partner.

Happy Anniversary Ben.  I love you with all my heart.

If you would like to watch a short video about families produced by
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, click here.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Merry Christmas 2023

Saying Goodbye to my Little Boy

Merry Christmas 2022